Actors’ Shakespeare Project 2015-2016 Season
Equity Principal Auditions by appointment in Somerville, MA
- Next round of auditions to be announced. (with a one-hour lunch break)
- NEAT category 6, this year’s weekly AEA actor salary was $451.00
- Artistic Director: Allyn Burrows
- Typical Rehearsal Schedule: Tues-Friday evenings and Saturday & Sunday days
- Please contact Heather Stern for an appointment at heather (at) actorsshakespeareproject.org or 617.776.2200 x230. Email is preferred.
Equity appointments are scheduled in five-minute intervals, and each Equity member has a maximum of three minutes to audition.
- Please bring your AEA membership card.
- Please prepare material of your choice (including, if you wish, selections from the season scripts which are available at the StageSource offices).
- For those who wish to perform a scene, a reader will be available. Please be prepared to state your starting & stopping places.
Non-Equity Auditions by appointment in Somerville, MA
Next round of auditions to be announced.
Auditions will be held at ASP’s offices:
191 Highland Ave., in Suite Not 2B on the second floor
Present at the auditions will be Allyn Burrows, Artistic Director, and Jennie Israel, Casting.
- Please prepare one monologue by William Shakespeare, less than two minutes in length. This piece can be from any play in the canon, including the plays in our upcoming season.
- There is a slight possibility that you will be asked for a second monologue by Shakespeare; however, limited time will most likely leave space for one strong piece.
- Please bring one copy of your photo attached to your resume.
Typical rehearsal schedule: Tuesday-Friday evenings and Saturday & Sunday days
Please note: Each production has at least five student matinees which begin at 10am. Actors must be available for all matinees.
Please contact Heather Stern for an appointment at heather (at) actorsshakespeareproject.org.
Appointments will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once you have emailed, please be patient. We have a lot of requests coming in at once.
No understudies are being cast. All available roles are available for nontraditional casting. Please note that ASP does not supply housing. Actors must have Boston-area housing in order to work with ASP.